Sunday 2 August 2015

History in Colour

Yesterday I ran my first ever organised run! Well when I say run I mean attempt to run a bit, walk a bit, complain lots and breath really really hard! But I did it, in around 30mins too, so not too bad :)

The colour road rush was a once in a lifetime charity event in aid of rowcroft hospice, along the newly built south devon link road. It was a bit of history in the making and will never happen again. When the road opens later this year we will have been the only people to make run along it in a blaze of colour (and sweat lol).

It was hard I will admit, I haven't been keeping up with my training and I felt it, but it was a good start!

I have my second run, also in aid of rowcroft, in September and I better get back to actually training. Especially as this time it is a 5k! I'll post the link at the bottom of this blog if you would like to sponsor me, would be nice to smash my (small) target for a worthy cause x

And how has fibro been throughout this? Not too bad on the whole, I was alright during my practice run on Friday night but feeling tired throughout the main event. Blimey did I hurt this morning and of course energy levels are pretty low now, but all in all it hasn't been too bad really. I guess I am just really lucky on that front, and I am grateful for that :)



Ready to go!



A colourful ending :)



And a link to my justgiving page xxx
https://www.justgiving.com/jema-payne/

No comments:

Post a Comment