Friday 7 August 2015

Flarring Up


I can go long periods of time without major painful days so I guess another flare was on the cards at some point. I have been quite down over the last few weeks and low mood brings low energy but I haven't really experienced any considerable pain for a while.

So with the 3k's I was running (ok ok mostly walking but there were periods of jogging involved i did ok!) last week, the exercise induced injury to my shins and extreme stress and worry about a friend recently, it really is no surprise that I woke up today feeling like I had been hit by a truck.

The fact remains though that I am still a mum, and it is still the holidays and life has to go on.

So here I am fighting through the pain and tiredness looking after my babies (watching Rio and eating ice pops counts right?) and doing what needs to be done. I will still cook a meal tonight whilst struggling to lift the pan, i will still make lunch (ok we've done lunch its past noon and it was sandwiches but hey im writing poetically or something) whilst my back cries out. I will still laugh and cuddle my girls, never letting them know truly how much it hurts to move.

That is my life, it's how I've always lived and nothing new to me. A new label doesn't change the way I feel and I will not let it change the way I live my life (for the worse anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment