Wednesday 12 August 2015

Reflections

So 2 years ago I started a blog, not this blog but another one (i'm quite bad for this oops) that was supposed to be about my weight loss journey starting not long after I had my youngest child.
I was really (so very really) bad at updating it (yeah I know I'm not that great at this one but trust me this was far worse lol) and it just faded into nothingness until I decided to start this more general one.

But it occurs to me that really the start of my weightloss journey isn't documented in this blog and so I would like to share with you the first post from my old blog which gives a brief insight....


The Beginning

3 months ago I had my second baby. It wasn't an easy time and some major complications left me quite poorly afterwards. Finally I feel well enough to start working on getting back to me again. On Saturday i finally bought some scales to assess the extend of the "damage" i had to contend with and I was shocked and saddened with the results :(

15 and a half stone

The heaviest i have ever been! A stone more than pre this pregnancy and I was unhappy then.

I have struggled with my weight and appearance for many years but always knew I would have another baby and just didn't see the point of loosing weight and working hard when it would only be ruined later. Well now I am done with the babies its time to really sort myself out. No more excuses.

So i have made this blog. A kick up the bum in public to keep me going and a way to track my progress and experiments.

So this is me, mum of two wonderful little girls, ready to be me again. My aim is 10 perfect stone (lol) so five and a half to loose.

Wish me Luck x


After that post I went on to try a few different diets from slimfast to raspberry ketones and do you know what I achieved? Not a lot really. Half a stone for almost two years of effort (ok some effort), not great. I guess this makes me appreciate how far I have come in the last six months, and a lot of that is down to having tried slimming world and a new found positivity (yeah there's some under all that angst really) towards it all and getting exercise (occasionally).

I still have some way to go but for the first time in my life I feel like I will actually get there (albeit slower than I would like) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment