Monday 26 January 2015

Totally Hooked

I love crafts. I mean LOVE them.
I have card making stuff, fabrics, an embroidery machine, boxes of cross stitching gear, decopage etc. You name it, I've probably tried it at some point lol.
My latest love is crochet. I'd tried and failed to crochet a couple of times in the past, just couldn't get it; and i'd always been jealous of the pictures of pretty yarns I'd seen friends post around (I defo can't knit!). So last september I thought I would give it another go. Out came the youtube videos and a hook, and away I went. Somehow through sheer luck of finding some great videos I soon got the hang of it and within a month I was making gloves, and hats, scarfs and allsorts! I was well and truely hooked! (haha)

Unfortunately my hands are something I have particular problems with, right from a young age I'd have random episodes of butterfingers as it were. Dropping stuff randomly and loss of control. These days the pain and stiffness add to top that, and I find on bad days I cannot pick up my hooks, no matter how badly I want to. Those days are difficult. At least when I have my hands on bad days, I can sit and crochet or draw (another huge love of mine) and it doesnt take up vast energy etc, and creating beautiful things cheers me up. But when even that is impossible leaves little light in the darkness.



Leanring to make barbie dresses = one happy 4yr old lol



So proud of my crochet doll ^^

2 comments: