Wednesday 21 January 2015

I can't cook omelettes

So in an attempt to sort my weight and well life out, ive been trying to eat and cook healthier. Which after all should benefit my whole family!
On the most part I have taken an active step to find more meals which are not carb based, which isn't easy, particulary on a budget. But it has made me find some really interesting meals, a couple of which are now in our regular rotation :) Things that sound weird and then when you try them are amazing like meatballs in butternut squash !

Butternut squash and meatballs nom

It doesn't look like much, it sounds a bit weird, but my goodness it is delicious and suprisingly filling! It also only cost something like £3 to feed me and my family (2 adults and 2 children) which is cheap! *could be even cheaper if I made my own meatballs too*

Another new favourite of ours is Shakshuka, which is basically eggs cooked in a tomato based sauce, with lots of yummy spices etc. Simple, cheap and really really tasty!


Shakshuka served with side salad

But no matter how much I try, I just cannot make the cheap, simple, omelette! I end up with a broken up, eggy mess, I like to coin my eggopolypse! But the kids like it so I guess thats all that matters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment