Sunday 18 January 2015

Ongoing Battles of The Bulge

One thing that has haunted me for many years, is my weight.
I have never really been happy with the way I looked, always slightly awkward and geeky growing up, not really realising I was actually quite slim etc.
Then after having my two daughters I have found myself at the heaviest and largest of my life. And it really depresses me.
I have tried many diets, regimes and tricks over the years, not really getting very far if at all. I even started a blog just over a year ago, in an attempt to spur myself on through self public confession and partial humiliation. But even that didnt work. I lost a stone on weight watchers shakes and have been stagnent ever since. Even pre baby weight alludes me and I wasn't even happy at that.
So here I am now, at least two sizes bigger than I want to be and several stone over. With a condition that limits the amount of exercise I can do and often leaves me in the mood for comfort eating. And I know I should stop, eat better, move when I can. But self control has all but disappeared and I dont know how to get it back.

But I have changed, or at least started to change one thing and that's our diet in this household. Less carbs and bread and sweets and more fresh veg and meat and fruit and all the good things. I'm learning interesting meal ideas and enjoying (most of the time) cooking proper meals in an evening for my little family. I have yet to see any benefit in my weight but I am hoping, at least, that we will all be healthier for it.
And hey, I may even share some of the interesting tasty finds I make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment