Friday 24 April 2015

Review of The Spice Tailor

From time to time I recieve some products for review, which is a really cool way of trying products out that I would never usually try or buy. I don't get paid for the reviews but I do get the stuff free or with a discount for the purpose of reviewing.
One of my latest ones is a curry kit by The Spice Tailor, from Bzzagent and here is my review!

I have to admit when it comes to curry I'm a bit of a play it safe girl. I like my Korma and stick to it. So when I took on The Spice Tailor curry sauce it was a bit of a step out of my comfort zone to try something new and different.
And actually, I'm really glad I did!
From the outset the spice tailor aims to impress, with its fun swively packaging (and who doesnt like some fun packaging!) and beautiful design work, you feel like you are getting a high end quality product (so a bit better than the meal deal value range im used to!).
The packets were robust but easy to get into, which for me is really important as not only do I not need to be faffing around whilst cooking (I have 2 young children waiting after all) but I'm also a bit clumsy (ok ok more than just a bit). Easy to follow instructions then have you preparing a meal which makes you feel like a top chef!
Gently heating pretty spices before adding each ingredient fills the room with gorgeous smelling scent. It was truly an experience in cooking I would very much like to repeat! And the end result was a gorgeous Tikka Masala that was gobbled up by all! And when you consider that includes a curry loving husband, right down to a 4 and 1 year old, I'm always very impressed by something that satisfies all ;)
The Naans were easy to cook and lovely but no different to many other precooked naans I have tried in the past which is what it is in my opinion (although admittedly once again the packaging is beautiful). It would very much depend on their price whether I would buy them over any other naans, but when it comes to the curry itself, nothing I have tried in the past can touch it. In both flavours and the sheer enjoyment in the cooking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment