Friday 27 February 2015

Today is a tired day

There are some types of people who post every little thing on facebook, every ache or twinge, some look for sympathy on a serial basis, some just write their whole lives out for people to read.
I don't.
I've often been accused of "spending my life on facebook" when, actually, I don't really look on there much at all. I miss major life events for months on end in some cases, but I try to keep an eye out if I can. Mostly I look at support networks. Some for fibro, some for parenting, some for lifting up my mood and one very good close knit group for boobs everyday life and well everything (you guys know who you are!). Anyway my point is, unless you really know me you could be forgiven for thinking that I only rarely mention being poorly because I live a generally fit and well life.
But I guess that's it, isnt it? People don't really know me. They dont know that every single day I live with chronic pain, pain that is permanently there in many forms and degrees. Like right now, this very second. My head is poundy, thick and full, a headache is brewing that I might take something for so a bit more than the daily headaches I wouldn't bother with. My neck and shoulders burn, that never goes away. My ear aches a little. The bones in my hands hurt, typing is ok but I doubt I could crochet today. My back has a throb and my right ribs have an ache. My lower back is twinging, my knees are sharp pains and my feet too. This is all normal for me. This is actually a very low pain day!
Unfortunately I also suffer with chronic fatigue and today, today is a tired day. It's copable but I'm not getting the things done I had hoped to today and i'm not looking forward to the school run later.
I'm not sure why I'm even babbling now, this post, this post was meant to be about how people don't really understand those of us with hidden conditions, that because we look fine on the outside and don't complain much. Doesn't mean that we are or that our lives aren't living hell on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment