Friday 12 June 2015

Things to do before you're 30


So this week marks the end of my 20's with my 30th birthday this weekend and it reminded of my mini bucket list I made myself about 8 months ago. A list of a few things that I'd hoped to have achieved by the time I turned the big 3 0.

  • Learn to Drive
  • Loose Weight (5stone goal weight loss)
Okay so it wasn't exactly the longest list in the world (actually I'm pretty sure there was at least one more thing but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was! oops) but I had real high hopes.

As my birthday drew ever nearer it became more and more apparently that despite my low expectations I would actually fail miserably at them all (typical) so i changed the goal posts a little to loosing 2 stone and dropping a dress size.

I failed at that too ....oops.

But all is not lost! Last week I finally attained my stone and half award, my 10% loss award and body magic gold. So whilst I may not be where I want to be at least I am on the right road. Same goes for driving, I may not be there yet but I am learning at long last, and I love it. Hopefully this time next year I will have passed and be scooting around in my own little car (instead of getting soaked on the school run....seriously it is crazy wet today!).

I'm also hoping to start college in September towards a new career, it's a bit of a long and competitive road but I'm hopeful and excited.

So here I am, turning 30. I may not have achieved my goals yet but I am heading in the right direction and working towards them. For once in my life things are going in positive directions, so hopefully this will mark the start of a new chapter in my life with a whole new decade to go alongside it.




No comments:

Post a Comment